Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day Three TDoHNC: Stray Cat Strut

"I got cat class and I got cat style..." 

It's day three already! So, today's nails are a bit unconventional. They are partially inspired by a post by Mr. Candiipants and also my desire to do a shaped nail. I achieved this look by adding a tip to my nail. 

I started by painting each of my nails a different color: 
Revlon 320 Graceful 
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 460 Wet Cement
Finger Paints Paper Mache
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 670 Midnight in NY
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 150 Sun Kissed


I added details using Stripe Rite in white and Finger Paints striper in Ch-ART-coal Black. 


I used either Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 340 Mint Sorbet or 360 Mellow Yellow on their eyes and filled in the nose and ears with Mary Kay VV22 Pink Sand/ Sable Rose. 

Overall I had a lot of fun doing these nails. You'll be seeing another shaped nail design very soon- they are a bit addictive. Please check out the blogs of the other amazing and talented participants. They are totally rocking this challenge! 

Kelly from Tuxarina
 Heather from Peace, Love, & Polish
 Jennifer from Little J's Nail Corner

Stay tuned... day four..."I'll get you my pretty.." I mean, witches!

 


(Special thanks to Kelly and Jennifer for their support and feedback! You are the best!)


4 comments:

  1. Ah! The ears! Haha I love them! I wish I had that skill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I saw someone doing shaped nails on a random Tumblr and I got addicted. Wait until you see tomorrow...

      Delete
  2. Love this!!! From the ears to the cats' faces! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I'm super allergic so this is as close to a cute cat as I'll get...lol

      Delete